Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wow it's been a while

I didn't realize how long it's been since I posted on here. I'll have to take this in bits and pieces. First off I have discovered the joys of making toys. It's just so much fun!!! The pattern that lured me onto this path of awesomeness was Sherman, The Square Dancing Stegosaurus. I didn't feel an overwhelming need to deal with durnig the stripes manually, so I used Felici self striping yarn. I fell in love with this yarn doing this project. Which is really sad, because Knit Picks is discontinuing the yarn. Rude faces.
As you can see, Sherman is adorable. The spikes were kind of obnoxious. Especially since my furry little troublemaker helper liked to steal them. I lost three of the smaller ones. I found them under my bed with her stash of socks a couple of months later.
She has a history of trying to "help". My nephew loved Sherman so much I told him I'd make him his own dinosaur. After looking at the Dancing Dinosaur patterns, he picked out Terence the Tap Dancing T-Rex. I cheated again and used self striping yarn.
This little guy is ADORABLE and I love how the limbs ended up. Naturally, I had to finish the set and so I started on Basil, The Boogie Woogie Brontosaurus. Sadly, I ran into some issues.
Once I got to this part using double pointed needles became very cumbersome. So I switched to a really long circular needle to use the magic loop method. Problem? The needle I switched to was a size smaller and I didn't think it'd be an issue until I saw the size of the head.
The small head annoyed me, so he got put in the naughty corner until I got over it. I did have a slightly morbid/bored moment and came up with a rather epic tale of Basil and Terence getting in a ferocious battle. Basil won, but at a cost. Sadly, he's missing a leg and part of his tale. Fortunately, my nephew didn't really question it when I gave it to him. These dinosaurs were designed by the fabulous Rebecca Danger. So many monsters, so little time. I also made a couple of her bunny nuggets. Tragically, their pictures seem to have been eaten by zombies. More on that subject next time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment