Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chandelier

I have a thing for chandeliers and recently decided that I wanted one for my room. I have a really low ceiling so it would have to be a small chandelier. I scoured KSL and Ebay for one that would work, but they were all to big. Finally I went to George's Salvage up in Salt Lake. That place was really cool. It was a little house packed with building materials, and I mean PACKED. The garage was packed, the yard was packed and a barn in the back was packed. There was all sorts of stuff I wanted to get for recycling projects but I limited myself to this....
Cleaned up fairly well.
I taped it and hung it up in the garage so I could spray paint it. Pretty sure Mickey, our senile old cat that lives in the garage, wanted to get high because she kept trying to sit under the chandelier as I sprayed it. Stupid cat.
I also got a lamp from DI for $5 and spray painted it to.
I even got a medallion to install with the chandelier that I really liked.
Then I got bored waiting for it all to dry.
I think it looks better than the green did. After it all dried I went to Joanns and bought fake pearls, silver jump rings (to hand the crystals it came with), paper and ribbon. I wrapped the center pole with ribbon. I used paper to cover the "candles" and wrapped those in ribbon too.
Haven't hung it yet, but I think it's aweseome.

No comments:

Post a Comment